In this photo, I have the body on jack stands and am ready to fix the hole in the fire wall. I removed the portion of the fire wall from the old Green parts car before it went to the scrap yard. Nice to have those parts around. I measured the distance from the floor to holes on each side of the frame, near the bumper mounts. I used that measurement to establish the shims needed to keep the front of the frame in a position so the doors would line up with the fenders later. The secret is to plan ahead so you don't have problems putting it back together. I put all the bolts and screws in zip lock bags. I lost a few bags and had to find bolts in the stuff I took off the parts car, but in theory it is a good idea. The bags showed up after I was all done!

Close this window to return to the thumbnail photos or -

Click Here to go to the next page!

Last updated 5/10/2001